Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Where do you eat on the way to fish the park

Ya got me thinking it may be a Riverstone Restaurant in "Pigeon Forge" that is relocating and not the one in Townsend.

But I got the info from http://www.riverstonefamilyrestaurant.com/

JF
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

I was looking at "Da List" and found some eateries not mentioned or maybe I missed them. Black Bear Cafe in Townsend is excellent. The Shulers who used to operate the Carriage House opened this Spring. It was a huge success. Unfortunately, Olsen's River Grill closed two weeks ago. We were there the last night. Rumor has it that the Shulers are renting that space and opening another restaurant right behind the Black Bear Cafe. That building is owned by Mike Chase of Copper Cellar and other restaurants fame including Calhouns I think. I didn't see the restaurant at Laurel Valley Golf Course. That restaurant is owned by my buddies Chad Rochelle and Jay Crippin. I would add that to the list too and get some feedback. Some big things are going to happen up there. Jay also owns the Picnic Pantry in Trillium Cove. It is excellent too. I think he owns the BBQ place at River Rat also.

Byron

Byron

Thanks Byron. I've added yours to the rest in Post #49. This compilin' is makin' me hungry, and I plan to visit some establishments before and after my next fishing trip. Crockett, you'll be to blame if I go off my new diet.
    JF
    Last edited by JoeFred; 02-07-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    “Joe” Fred Turner

I'll not add to the list in #49 until I get to eat at the cafe, but after guiding Brook Fan on his first smokies slam (me?... shunked), he and I stopped at Moonshine Ridge Country Store & Cafe, 2005 Wears Valley Rd, Sevierville, just west of the Pigeon Forge. A really cool place and nice folks. We didn't get to eat at the cafe, but did take home some killer relish after going through the "buffet." I think we sampled a dozen or more of their huge selection of jams, salsas, chips, crackers, canned veggies and more. My wife and I stopped there some months later following Troutfest. She very much approved.

Brook Fan's thread: 1st Wild Trout and 1st Smoky Slam
    “Joe” Fred Turner

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
    I'll not add to the list in #49 until I get to eat at the cafe, but after guiding Brook Fan on his first smokies slam (me?... shunked), he and I stopped at Moonshine Ridge Country Store & Cafe, 2005 Wears Valley Rd, Sevierville, just west of the Pigeon Forge. A really cool place and nice folks.
    You can put it on the list, good eating and nice prices. My kids have asked to go there the past 2 trips. The pulled pork BBQ doesn't best Marysville's Full Service, but it is good.

Fred, when you are done editing #49, can you print it waterproof on 11x17?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
    I thought this compilation of the contributions above might be beneficial to some, especially the restaurant owners & employees. Again, thanks to Crockett for this great thread and those who responded. Please call attention to any omisions omissions from the posts above, errors in the names, addresses, etc.

Bon appétit, JF

Excellent idea, Matt, although I'll likely print on the backs of recycled BBQ-duty checkered tablecloth and throw in some free wetnaps.

Will add Moonshine Ridge Country Store & Cafe to our list. Thanks.
    “Joe” Fred Turner