Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice.....

You know....when I signed up on this forum I had monitored for some time to get a feel for the willingness of the members to provide guidance to others and the level of interaction members had with newbies. I was very impressed with everything i read and the intense passion members had when providing advice. This thread has been a continuation of that forum characteristic.

thank you all for the advice. It is really a great feeling to know I can call on the members of this forum and get great quality feedback.

Hope i get to meet some you on my trip to GSMNP. thank again for the advice.

Charles

LA Manta Ray--I should have noted one other thing in an earlier post. One of the appendices to my book lists a bunch of guides and outfitters on both sides of the Park. The nature of the guiding business is that they come and go, but most of those listed have been in business a long time and are folks I know personally. Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

HUGH been wading them creeks before waders,recovered from the big C and keeps on tickin ,tougher than dirt.

I have used both, Hugh is old, Ian young. I am old and can't climb around as I once could. My style is better suited for Hugh. Both will put you on the fish in no time. Both are excellent

Hey guys -

Speaking of Tim Doyle, I was told at a fly fishing event down here that he has contracted some form of a lung disease from working in the rhododendrons. Is this in any way true? If so I certainly wish him and his family the best.

Zach

Thank you one and all for the recommendations.

I am sold and will be using Mr. Hartsell if he is available. My son is a History major at college and i think the fly fishing experience coupled with the potential history lesson Mr. Hartsell can provide will be most enjoyable.

thanks again.

Charles

All mentioned above are excellent guides. Sean McKay and Clay Aalders are two other fantastic guides. I know them both and can say they are top notch.