Thread: Clinch 9/26

Default Clinch 9/26

While I really enjoyed my outing the results were more realistic. No huge fish and a few good fights. Fish were caught on same brown midge pupa with gold bead and wire above the island upstream of the jail. No one else was on the river near me which was strange for a weekend. There were a few fish rising but saw no bugs on top. There were more carp in the area for some reason and with some good size.
    Brian

Brian, I saw a bunch of carp today too. Never saw this many before, but I am fairly new to the river, just starting to learn her ways.

Glad you had a good trip.

The amount of buffalo in the river was very very high for some odd reason today. I only saw one true carp, but the buffalo have shown up in force. In fact the guy I was fishing with caught a nice one on a nymph, which is fairly uncommon since they eat vegetation.

Fishing was weird today, red hot during the rain then off and on after the rain stopped.

I got on the Clinch for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Noticed some buffalo, too. It was a slow 2 hrs for me, but I did manage a few nice rainbows on midges.

Default Clinch for the last two weeks

I've had a lot of luck on the Clinch during various times over the last two weeks on Zebra midges, #18's seem to work the best. I had a few takes on #16's, but a very few. I managed to hook up several on #20's, but couldn't land them. I couldn't get good enough hook sets. Most of the fish I caught - predominantly rainbows with a few browns - were of average size. I did manage a few really nice fish in the 18 to 20 inch range. Just my two cents worth.....
    "Calling fly fishing a hobby is like calling heart surgery a job" -with apologies to Paul Schullery

What is the difference between buffalo and card?
    Brian

Very little, they're both butt ugly!

Buffalo are greyish, and are a native fish. Carp are brownish, have "whiskers" and are an introduced species.
    "Here fishy fishy."

Then what I saw were Buffalo. Thanks for the information.
    Brian