Thread: Smokemont Question

Default Smokemont Question

Coming from Nashville on Friday night and wondering what the best way to go was? I'm worried about Friday night traffic going through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Should I go through Maryville like usual? Also, once again, what is the name of the road that cuts over to Metcalf Bottoms from Wears Valley? Thanks in advance.

It's lyon springs road you are asking about to get from wears valley over to metcalf bottoms and I think it would be a fine idea to go that way but not sure if that way would be quicker than going through gburg (via the back roads there not the main drag). Probably close to the same either way but there are a lot of variables. The way via Maryville, townsend, wears valley is certainly much more picturesque and enjoyable IMO.

Unfortunately, I don't know the backroads in Gatlinburg. Ah, you must mean the Gatlinburg bypass...
    Last edited by BlueRaiderFan; 09-30-2010 at 10:56 AM.

The one I always take to get around (most) of pigeon forge is 411 to Middle Creek Parkway (I think that is what it is called). It starts on 411 in sevierville and will take you past dollywood and put you out at the top end of pigeon forge without many stops.

Its not really a backroad but once you are back on the main parkway road going to gburg from the forge just before you get to gburg turn right onto the gatlinburg bypass which will take you around the entire town. There are some smaller shortcuts inside of gburg namely baskins creek bypass to cherokee orchard which gets you around much of the town but you still have to go through a bit so i would take the bypass if going to smokemont. Hope that helps. Maybe someone who lives over there has some better shortcuts they could share.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    It starts on 411 in sevierville and will take you past dollywood and put you out at the top end of pigeon forge without many stops.
    Veterans Boulevard. It parallels Parkway to the east. 4 lanes and few stops. It's the way to go.

Google "Veterans Blvd TN", and it will show you the route. It will spit you out right below Dollywood.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Ah, thanks guys. It's been years since I came in that way and I rarely go to Gatlinburg. Take Care.

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. Silvercreek
    "Here fishy fishy."