Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend on the Nantahala (and the big ones that didn't get away)

How were the crowds on the DH section?

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
    How were the crowds on the DH section?
    They really were not all that bad. There were a few people, but I think the cold temperatures held most of them off. I think if its a warmer weekend it could get a little crowded, but there definately are enough fish in the river to keep everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
    It's 4 miles from the 1st bridge to Whiteoak creek.
    That's what NCWRC considers the delayed harvest section.

Very nice pictures Rainbow Warrior. I bet those fish put up a good fight.
    You guys have been hittin' up the DH streams big time this year. Glad you're getting to enjoy them.
    Yes, and the upper end usually fishes poorly (at least for me and my gang) and, more importantly - the gorge area eats up alot of that mileage, so unless you're a young man with a fondness for rock climbing...
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

Nice fish! The Nantahala was stocked with some monsters this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelflyfishing View Post
    Nice fish! The Nantahala was stocked with some monsters this year!
    Thanks! No kidding it was stocked with monsters. I have a buddy that was up there this week and killed them. He and his friend got quite a few 18"ers and a 22"er. All big rainbows.

The best thing up there IMHO this year is that they've changed up some of the stocking points. The bridges get fish, but the other places have been changed around a bit and the fish seem to be more spread out because of it(?). I'm planning on dragging my buddy back up there next week to see if we can't find some brookies. We're catching 90% bows, 5% browns and 5% brookies. Very odd for us on the Nan...but next time we're going to be a little more thorough and fish the so-so water, instead of fishing the fastest runs and deeper water.

It's a special place, that's for sure. Great thread Rainbow Warrior. I enjoyed it very much. Maybe we'll run into you guys up there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    The best thing up there IMHO this year is that they've changed up some of the stocking points. The bridges get fish, but the other places have been changed around a bit and the fish seem to be more spread out because of it(?). I'm planning on dragging my buddy back up there next week to see if we can't find some brookies. We're catching 90% bows, 5% browns and 5% brookies. Very odd for us on the Nan...but next time we're going to be a little more thorough and fish the so-so water, instead of fishing the fastest runs and deeper water.

It's a special place, that's for sure. Great thread Rainbow Warrior. I enjoyed it very much. Maybe we'll run into you guys up there sometime.
    Hey Owl I spent some time checking out your BRTB site last night and enjoyed reading the forum there. Keep up the good work down there in Georgia!

Thanks Crockett! We've got big this coming year for BRTB. We just need more Georgia fly fishers to get on board and help us out! We even have members in Florida, NC, SC, and TN...

Glad you enjoyed it. It's updated almost daily with new info. Heck, we even have our own decals coming next week. I mean, when you have decals, you've "made it" right? LOL