Thread: Uploading edited photos

Default Uploading edited photos

I use Picasa to edit photos, but when I upload to Photobucket I don't get the edited shots. I would have thought there'd be a folder holding the edited ones, but I can't find it. Anyone have a suggestion?

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Here is what I do. When I edit a photograph, I want to also keep the original. When I finish editing the photo, I go to "File" in the upper right hand corner of the Picasa window. There is an option there called "Export Picture to Folder." Click on that and you can specify where you want the picture to go. You can also resize the picture with this option which is perfect for uploading to a website or message board. When you go to Photobucket, you should be able to upload the picture from the new folder. There will be a folder created in your "pictures" folder called "Picasa Exports." This will have all the edited versions of your pictures. Oh, and after exporting the picture, I go back and undo all my edits so I still have the original as well in its original folder. Hope this helps...if its confusing let me know and I'll try to get some screenshots of the steps...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Default Thanks David

David - I knew you would know the answer. Works perfectly. I've now "improved" the colors of my fish in the November One Fish shot.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau