Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you want to fish in 2011

Default First Brook

I would like to fish the Fontana tributaries as well. I am still in search of my first wild brookie, so where ever I could do this would work too. I would also like to hike up Snowbird and fish there.

If you're after brookies, I'd suggest hiking up the Chimney's trail to the 3rd or 4th bridge and work your way up. I did this this summer and all I caught were brookies. Though most were 4 -5", I did catch one at 8". Be ready for some climbing though, it is fairly steep but absolutely beautiful and well worth the effort.

Also, Ramsey's Cascades above Greenbrier is suppossedly largely brookie territory.

Jack, shoot me an email or something and we can talk about it. I won't really know what my summer plans are yet for at least 2-3 months. If I'm not busy then I'm definitely interested. Deep Creek is one of my favorites!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

I wanna do another 2 week trip down Hazel. With less people and more time at 82 and higher.
    Michael Corbin

The Cataloochee drainage is on my list, Palmer Creek, Pretty Hollow, etc. I would also like to fish the main stream more during the spring. I also want to get back on Deep Creek, around 58 and 59 is very nice water, and upstream of there as well. I have hiked down from Newfound Gap to the brookie water, but haven't fished between 58 and the highest campsite.

As far as outside of the Smokies, I would like to explore some of the wild trout streams in the Pisgah National Forest. The Shining Rock area in particular.

Neal

Default Places to fish in 2011.

I live 9 hours away but am much traveled in the Smokies. I would dearly love to fish the Abrams Creek horseshoe but the best advice says not to fish it alone, especially the first time.
    I would also like to fish Hazel. Going down Deep Creek is also appealing (the key word here is down ). I have hiking and backpacking experince.
    Would welcome a trip with any of you if it could be arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Plateau Angler, great. I was thinking of doing it sometime in June. I'm a little older than most of you guys but in great shape. Thought about starting at the Newfound Gap trailhead and going all the way to Bryson City moving the camp every couple of days. Nothing written in stone on that just ome random thoughts. I'll be in townsend on the 29th for a day, then headed home to MS. Got lots of time to plan so let me know what you think.
    Jack shoot me an e-mail I can get out for 3 days at a time and Deep Creek is one of my favs...David I hope I get a chance to fish with you this Spring or at least watch maybe we can do a night at #24

I'll know more after this thread has run it's course
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Hahahaha. I love it.
    Michael Corbin

I would like to fish Forney Creek specifically the 3rd bend on the right of the trail up from cs #... just kidding flyman. Seriously I would love to hit Forney this year haven't ever been on that one but have a feeling it may be good fishin.