Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Got for Christmas!

Default What I Got for Christmas!

My wife Amanda had this sign made and gave it to me last night I love it! Got it hanging on the wall now so I can admire it but plan on putting a hanging rope or chain on the top of it and hanging it at the campsite this year when front country camping.

She got me this "shug saw" (after Shug Emery the hammock camping guy) its a Gerber but not sure of the model I always call them Shug Saws. My friend Mundele had one and I loved them cause they are super light weight and cut really good:

Got some flyweight II waders too I must have been good this year lol.

So what did you all get?

Cool Christmas gifts! Its great to have a spouse that supports our hobby/passion. I know that I'm blessed.

Merry Christmas.

Bill

Talking

I have been blessed with family/dog and friends. My wife got me a lucky cap and my dog got me an ornament with a royal wulff fly in it.

I must have been good this year
    We fooled the old guy again, didn't we? I got a new camera, Nikon Coolpix P203, as my wife always carries the digital camera so we won't forget it for pictures of grandkids. She got tired of me borrowing her camera to take pictures. Now I can take pictures of lots of things- fish, rods, scenery, etc. and post them.

The first gift I opened given to me by my bride of 44 years was a nice pair of hiking poles. The message could have been... "go take a hike." But since she also gave me some bear spray and a bell, I took that to mean it would be okay to return.

I'm blessed.

JF
    Last edited by JoeFred; 12-26-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added pic. Also, my wife noticed I had the number of years married wrong. Corrected. Fortunately, I had missed on the low side.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

Good stuff Adam love the sign that will look good hanging at your camp in Elkmont! glad you got some waders....is it Spring yet?

Nothing fishing related here. I got parts to build a rifle over the winter (actually, a flintlock smoothbore fowler), and a purple Fender American Standard Strat. The Strat isn't new (2000 model) but it's new to me. Eric Clapton doesn't have much competition from me but it's fun to make noise with the thing.

Love the sign. So far, some pretty cool gifts.

Jeff

Jeff a Flintlock that is cool! Kevin you need to post those pics of what you got wow.

I'm with Crockett. Post some pictures. Not many people use flintlocks anymore. Most use the modern in-line front stuffers.

Picked up a Brodin Firehold net from the Big Guy and best of all a promise from my son for a fishing trip in the back country before he heads off to college next summer.