Hello everyone! My name is Rick Whitefeather. I 'm 64 years young and have been fly fishing since I was 9 years old. The trout bug bit me back then when it jumped off the cover page of a Field and Stream magazine showing a big Bow coming out from under a log, chasing a red and white streamer. I've been chasing him every since. I still have the first fly rod I ever owned that I bought from earnings from a paper route. Bought it at a local hardware store for $4.37. True Temper, 8 1/2 foot fiberglass, medium action. Still use it in the GSMNP on occassion, when I visit a couple of times a year, Spring and Fall. It's saw over twenty years of action on various rivers and streams in Colorado, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming and more so elsewhere. I'm strictly a Blue Ridge mountain fly fisherman now.

I've been coming to this forum for many, many, years and decided to join when I read a thread about fly fishing in the park back around the end of December. Thanks to Paula, I am now able to post. Paula, hope you are feeling better and over your illness!

It's nice to be here!

Blue skies, warm winds, and trout filled waters to all!

Rick