Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: trips of 2011

Default trips of 2011

Just sitting here in the house with a balmy 14 degree wind chill, just thinking of spring. What is everyone's dream trip for 2011? Just a thought to stimulate some conversation. flyguys

Default Alaska

I am planning on going to Alaska this year. My wife and I will be going so it will not be an exclusive fishing trip, but I will fish during the trip. I would welcome any advice or suggestions.
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

good luck with your trip donwinn, an Alaska trip is on the radar for myself in the future.

The wife and I are planning a return trip to Durango in the late spring. She and I are anxiously awaiting another float trip on the San Juan. Durango is such a nice town, with beautiful scenery, and good food. I am ready.

Just reconnected with an old Army buddy that lives next to the deschutes river...gonna check on flights to Portland and a rental car.

Hoping to drive up north through Wisconsin and fish through the central and eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan for about a week. Then drive back down through Michigan stopping for a river or two that is out of reach for my usual long weekend trips.

My first ever trip out west to fish. Not a prime location (so I understand) but we'll be headed to Denver for a little get-together, and I'm going to try to find some trout water nearby to fish. I've been wanting to go out west ( to Yellowstone or Montana) for about 12 years now, so I guess you could call CO a dream trip. Close enough for me, anyway.
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

I am spending the Winter with T. R. and Kermit in Africa ( armchair adventure)
    Gone fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    My first ever trip out west to fish. Not a prime location (so I understand) but we'll be headed to Denver for a little get-together, and I'm going to try to find some trout water nearby to fish. I've been wanting to go out west ( to Yellowstone or Montana) for about 12 years now, so I guess you could call CO a dream trip. Close enough for me, anyway.
    I've fished both Yellowstone and Montana multiple times and I'll take Colorado over those ANY day!

As for my 2011 dream trip, it will be with my son (his first trip out west), backpacking into the highcountry to catch all three native cutthroat in Colorado then moving north to get him a Wyoming Cuttslam certificate.

Chris

Default Dreaming

Glad to see I am not the only one doing some dreaming! I too am thinking about an Alaskan trip.