Thread: Clinch 1/09

Default Clinch 1/09

Planned on heading up to do a little fishing in the park after church but a buddy talked me into a trip to the Clinch instead. We live within 10 minutes and the drive to the park would have taken 45.

Another buddy ended up meeting up with us and when we stepped into the water and the wind was really blowing. Between the wind and ice on the guides the casting aspect was interesting. If you could time it just right you could dunk the rod then make a quick cast in between gusts. We probably fished a couple hours and caught a few browns and a rainbow. All fish were on midges...of course.

One buddy took some pretty good pictures, which I don't have.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

I fished yesterday as well in the weir pool and at millers and did pretty good! I broke one dude off that I know was atleast 18". I was cold and casting was a chalange with the wind and ice

I ended up drifting the Clinch from Peach Orchard to the 61 Bridge. Fishing was slow. I only pulled seven fish on the complete stretch. I actually saw a few small hatches and they were very sparse.

The conditions were:
    Air Temp: 24 Degrees
    Water Temp: 47.1 Degrees
    Air Pressure: 1025 Millibars

Pictures are available in this link:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=39e7cb3fea
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
    I fished yesterday as well in the weir pool and at millers and did pretty good! I broke one dude off that I know was atleast 18". I was cold and casting was a chalange with the wind and ice
    Yeah, did the same thing. Had a nice one on below the weir. 18" at least. Did yours have a zebra midge in his mouth? Ha!

Shawn, that is pretty hardcore to do a float in 24 degree weather (with wind). The gods owe you some good fish for that effort!

Quote Originally Posted by CinciVol View Post
    Shawn, that is pretty hardcore to do a float in 24 degree weather (with wind). The gods owe you some good fish for that effort!
    I am pretty hard core Nah, I just enjoy the challenge of something different at times. I took a bag of extra clothes too. If I could have waited another hour; the water level would have been perfect. However; I still ended up landing after dark. Still not the coldest I have fished in...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”