Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hey Guys, my name is Robert and I have been fishing as long as I can remember.....my dad expressed is interest pretty early on both my brother and I and basically my mom and sister as well. After fly fishing a couple of times.....starting at Rouring Rivers in Missouri when I was younger, I became quite obsessed. I am a senior at UT Knox, so most of my fishing occurs at the Smokies/Holston/Clinch/ and the Caney when I can get on it. I have been reading the forums for a couple months now and have gotten lots of great information. Recently, my brother came to visit and him, a friend, and I proceeded to try the Clinch at Millers Island. We arrived at around 1pm on 1/18 and got into the water..... we were using assortments of zebra's and copper's and had moderate luck. We saw a bunch of rises, but were having trouble finding the appropriate fly. Even though the fish count wasn't what we wanted it felt great to get out again after all that snow/ice and get back into the groove of things. I plan to make the Clinch my Sunday hangover cure, seeing as how close it is, so if anyone has any insight on flies, locations, etc. it would be highly appreciated. Glad to be here, thanks again.

smokymtnVol--This is a belated but nonetheless heartfelt welcome. I'm surprised no one else has welcomed you but the forum has been a bit slow of late (no doubt partly due to the season), but rest assured there are good folks, good vibes, and good information here.
    Jim Casada
    www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

A hearty welcome aboard! This is a great place to talk with other fishermen and keep up with what's going on in the smokies.

Welcome aboard smokymtnvol. Old Vol here, class of 1980. You are sure to find enough interesting reading here to keep you coming back. Let us here from you as often as your studies allow. Good luck in school!

Welcome to the board Robert! Sometimes the Clinch can feel like a hangover.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

Welcome to the board! I'm looking forward to your future post. This board is a great source of knowledge.
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

Welcome Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnVol View Post
    ...I plan to make the Clinch my Sunday hangover cure, seeing as how close it is, so if anyone has any insight on flies, locations, etc. it would be highly appreciated. Glad to be here, thanks again.
    Welcome, Robert! If you will e-mail me your snail mail address, I'll send you a "welcome wagon" Clinch River map... once it's finished. See my Contact page for e-maill address. Please use "14784" as the Subject.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps
    sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com