Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loss of a Mentor

Mr. Casada,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure those memories will be a source of inspiration and comfort to you for a long time to come. You and your family are in our prayers.

Mike

Jim,
    Sorry about your family's loss. It sounds like your dad led a full and robust life. Whenever a loved one passes, we tend to think of things that could have been different, but it sounds as if you have a lot of wonderful memories of your dad and through those memories you treasure and those you pass to your children, family and or friends, your dad will live on.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffnles1; 02-02-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo errors, jeff can't spell

Wow! 101 is amazing and oh how you can celebrate knowing that he was blessed with so many years on this world. Jim I am sorry that you have lost the physical connection with your father. However; he is always with you and in the memories and hearts of others!

Blessings,
    SM
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Jim,
    I'm so sorry that I was right across the isle from you this weekend and didn't have any idea. While I would certainly morn the loss of him, the life that your father lived is to be envied and celebrated. Prayers go out to you and your family for your loss. "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, and love leaves a memory no one can steal" old Irish saying.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

sorry to hear of your loss Jim. You have been blessed with a great father, and the memorial you described sounds like a very fitting tribute to him.

Mr. Jim, So sorry for your loss. Sorry does not seem to be much, but please accept our condolenses. It seems that you have figured out a fitting tribute to your father. No matter what your age, a man truely never grows up until he loses his father. He raised a fine son! flyguys.

Default My sincerest condolences

My thoughts and prayers for the Lord's comfort for you and the family. Your Dad sounds like a fine man from what you have shared and i am sure he will be missed. My prayer is that the good memories of your past with him and the future hope of the eternal and heavenly reunion with those that have preceded us who know Jesus, will outshine and eclipse the present grief of your Dad's having passed!

God Bless,
    Mike
    "Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton

Very sorry Jim. Deepest condolences.

Sorry for your loss Jim. I will pray for you and your family.

-Matt-

Jim I am sorry to hear that. You and Don and your family will be in my prayers. Your Dad was a very lucky man to have sons like you guys.