Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinch Report/Success 2-26

Default Clinch Report/Success 2-26

I Fished the Clinch today from 1:30 until 5. I had great success below the weir dam and ended up catching 30-40 fish. All of the fish caught were on a #18 zebra midge. The wind was blowing 15 to 20 mph which helped me stay hidden from the fish. Most of the fish I caught were surprisingly in the 14 to 21 inch slot. I also caugh my biggest clinch rainbow so far that measured 22 inches. Of course when I lifted it out of the net to take a pic...It floped out and sluggishly swam away. GO FIGURE.

I left my digital camera at home but managed to take some pretty nice pics on my cellphone. Enjoy!

Very Nice!

Very well done Troutslayer!

Neal

Thanks guys...Ive been going up there the past few weekends and it is hit or miss.

Nice fish. I was out there today, but i was at the bottom end of millers island. I caught a realy nice fish too but it shot through my legs instead of in the net and broke my line. Lol can't win them all i guess. Is 3393 your birthday? My wife and i were married on march 3 but it was just last year. Hope to see ya out there sometime good luck and save a few for me
    LIVE WORK AND FISH LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Yup...turn 18 in five days. We will have to hook up and drop a line sometime

Thumbs up

TS3393 - great report and pics. Those bows look really healthy with great color. Hope u get the big guy next time out.

Phil

Cool. Happy birthday. I'm new to this forum so i dont know how to tell you to contact me but i'm only about 15 min from the clinch off of norris freeway. I own the company that i work for so the only boss i have to ask to go fishing is my wife. Any time you wanna go just let me know. Cya
    LIVE WORK AND FISH LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW

Nice report Troutslayer.

I agree that the Clinch has been really random so far this early season. I really wanted to get out there today, but thought I would be a good son and help my dad demo the old barn. This Friday I plan to be out there, well that is if TVA gives me a decent schedule to work with.

small world

i was out there today caught a few on a #20 cream with gold ribbing midge 1.5-2 fet below my indicator at the bottom of millers island. Missed a bunch more...the smaller hooks are harder to set i guess

my B-day is in 4 days on the 2nd

trout slayer what kinda midge were u using?

i have been thinking alot about color latley and eveyone has a fav. i heard purple and gold from a guy today as he hooked a nice brown as we spoke..also i have had my best days with red and gold ribbing and again with black with red ribbing.....does it really matter?

i know i never even got bumped on a purple or black and silver or a burnt yellow today
    there is a reason they dont call it "catching"