Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fishing Buddy Hook-up Thread

A week from tomorrow I'll be staying in Cosby Campground for 2 nights (5/12 and 5/13). If anyone wants to camp or just fish with me send me an email

mattblick at gmail dot com

Default Memorial Day week

My wife and are going to be camping in Townsend starting 5/22 leaving 5/30. I like fly fishing not very good at it yet so anyone who wants to go let me know. I like to fish in the am wife sleeps in so I fish. Let me know. Not real good at this kinda new but I can tell could story or two.
    Mike

Default 12/11 - 12/15

Weather forecast for next weekend is looking good right now and I have time off of work. Anyone free to fish anywhere next weekend 12/11 - 12/15?
    I like fishing back country but can certainly stay in frontcountry. I'm in class though Friday and don't need to be back to work until the 16th; just need to get the most out of my time off. Bigsur, Ducky, TnFlyfisher, Thunderhead, and many more can attest how poor of an angler I am. Want to feel good about your mad skillz; meet up with me and we can wet a line. I haven't been down since October and have been dying to change that I typically stay on the TN side but can cross the border to hook up with folks. Name to spot and I'll cater my plans.

-Matt-

Wish I could join ya! I would love to spend some time on the water. I just don't have THAT much time. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver1911 View Post
    Wish I could join ya! I would love to spend some time on the water. I just don't have THAT much time. Enjoy!
    Any of those days, not all. I'll get down Friday night or Saturday. Maybe stay front maybe hike backcountry. I have recently found not having definitive plans makes the trip more relaxing.

Matt,

If you want, send me an email using my board userid at hot mail dot com.

I will have to work on things around the house to smooth the way out, but I could likely drive down (from Central Ky) Friday evening, fish Saturday, and drive back either Saturday night or early Sunday.

Current forecast for Saturday looks fantastic .. But that's a week away .

There is the possibility I could be able to come up to the smokey mountains during this spring break(march 7-13), potentially with my sister. I am not sure what exact days I/we would come up there as this is just an idea I am considering.

I have some experience fly fishing(I was able to catch a couple bows and a spec on my last trip, and attempted to get a brown), however my technique is probably sloppy. My sister has minimal fishing experience, and may or may not come. I do have waders, however my sister does not.

So my question is, would anyone be willing to help me and/or my sister with our casting technique, and help us catch some fish? I would anticipate that I/we would stay in either cades cove, or elkmont(once it opens on the 11th)

Right now I am not certain I will even come up this spring break but I am just curious if anyone would be open or interested in helping/teaching us.

I'm going fishing above Treemont after work Friday, Feb. 24th. Looking for someone to join me. I'll be rolling through Townsend about 4:30 to 5:00 pm tomorrow.
    Mike
    "I'm just here to entertain the fish"

Iím in the Knoxville area always looking to learn the fishing areas since Iím from Arkansas. Let me know!