Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Click and Pawl Fly Reels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Click and Pawl Fly Reels

Paula or Bryon, I was wondering if LRO carries any click and pawl fly reels? Redington carries them, but I do not see where you sell them. For my taste, just about all of the other disc drag reels are too heavy. Thanks. LRPop

Check out the Abel trout series or the creek series and I believe orvis still carries click and pawl. I am looking at the creek series abel to put on a 3wt sage zxl now.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

flyred06, I do not believe that Orvis sells any click and pawl fly reels anymore. They used to, but not any more. Abel reels are way out of my league. I am looking for one under a $ 100.00. Redington sells one for $ 99.00. My first click and pawl fly reel was a Martin Model 60 (tuna can reel) that cost me a whopping $ 1.99 at JC Penney back when they had sporting goods departments. Still have this cheap reel and she stills sings a pretty song. Courtland came out with one, but it is very expensive. I have several others, but you know how it is. You never have enough. Thanks. LRPop (Auburn, Alabama)

Default LRPop

Heavynets, that one is a disc drag reel. Too heavy for my taste. Looking for a simple click and pawl fly reel like they used to make back in the good old days. They never give you any trouble. LRPop (Auburn, Alabama)

Sorry about that. I just did a quick Google search and forwarded one of the findings without reading it. The page contained the words "click and pawl", but had nothing to do with the reel being sold.

Personally, I HATE the sound of any clicker on my reels and have never had trouble with any drag system. I usually only have them engaged enough to prevent freewheeling. My palm does the rest.

Cortland has the new "Retro" click/pawl for a whopping $129, lightweight & seems to be built well.

Grumpy

I initially thought the current Orvis CFO's were click and pawl. I now see the only one that is click and pawl is the limited edition. I may be wrong but I thought the older ones were click and pawl.
    Last edited by Trico; 03-29-2011 at 05:28 PM.

The older CFO made by Hardy in England was a click/pawl.

Grumpy

Default FOR PAULA and BYRON

See my original message back on 3/24/2011 concerning the click and pawl reels. I was really asking if LRO carried any click and pawl reels or if they could maybe acquire one for me if they did not carry any in the store. My message got highjacked along the way. Thanks for any info...... Jim Jones (LRPop) Auburn, Alabama