Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forney Creek Questions

Default Carts

Troutpharm,
    I had the same question last fall. Below is the link to my post. At the end of the thread someone references the park regs that tell you where you can/can't take a cart, size restrictions on cart, etc.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ghlight=lexfly

Lexfly,

thanks for the info. We are still up in the air on where we are headed. Interesting cart size limits. Not sure I have ever seen one as small as the regulations describe.

Quote Originally Posted by lexfly View Post
    Troutpharm,
    I had the same question last fall. Below is the link to my post. At the end of the thread someone references the park regs that tell you where you can/can't take a cart, size restrictions on cart, etc.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ghlight=lexfly
    Lexfly,

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread. I had actually forgotten about that and apologize for the incorrect info I provided.
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

troutpharm,
    None of the 3 of our carts were the correct size, but we didn't know about it until after we had made/bought them. No one said anything to us, but we didn't see any park rangers either.
    Grouseman,
    No problem at all. I only get to the park once or twice a year so it is pretty easy for me to remember my posts!

I can tell you that regardless of the *legality* of carts on Eagle or Forney-- the trail (especially on Forney) and the creek crossings (especially on Eagle) will probably make you abandon any carts you bring. (I did just get back from Forney and saw a group of guys using a cart to haul gear two tenths of a mile to CS74. They did seem like an awesome group of older hellraisers that would have been fun to hang out with. I hope they have a blast!)

With regards to fishable waters, I like 89 on Eagle or 74 or 71 on Forney. If you're looking to bring a bunch of gear that you won't have to carry far and still have access to good stretches of water, I would recommend 74 over 90.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without realizing it is not fish they are after." -- Henry David Thoreau