Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cicadas

Default Picture

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction about posting photos. These aren't the best pics, but this is one of the biggest reainbows I have caught on the Caney. The first picture was taken while I was trying to wear him out. He was reluctant to come in. I'll post the second picture in a follow-up.

I thought I posted this but I don't see it. If it shows up twice, my apologies. I got this guy up for a quick picture. He isn't showing hiscolorful side, but he is a big boy (or girl)

Big boy indeed. From the color of the fins and what I can see of his sides, he looks like he has some good color. I had a terrible time posting pics, so I can relate. Congrats on the catch. Regards, Silvercreek
    "Here fishy fishy."

It was a very healthy fish. I caught only one more that day, and it was my first brook on the Caney. It was probably close to 14 inches and very helthy. Here is the one picture my wife got of it in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercreek View Post
    There still may be an opportunity in the southeast part of the state. It seems the emergence was later there and they hang around for about 3 weeks or so after they emerge. Maybe the Hiwassee has them, but don't know for sure. It's the best opportunity to catch a big fish that otherwise would not likely be feeding on top. I made three trips and had a blast. Just wish the Caney had gotten wadeable earlier in the hatch. Link to map, just scroll down.
    http://web.utk.edu/~extepp/cicada/Cicadapage.htm
    They are basically done here, was rocking for the last month, but really took a step back last weekend. I would say by now it is long since over. They started around the 8th of May here