Thread: Chasteen/Bradley

Default Chasteen/Bradley

I'm looking to spend a night or 2 at #50, plan to fish Chasteen and Bradley. Any advice on either? I have never fished them.

The way I am looking at it, it seems you park at the back of Smokemont and hike up from there.
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.

I fish Bradley quite frequently, and Chasteen almost never because it is heavily overgrown. I had a great spring on Bradley and I fished it last Thursday the 30th. I'd be there early and start with a greenie wiennie or a barbie bug. This should give you some results. I caught a number of descent rainbows last week on a male paraschute #14. I later switched to a #14 yellow palmer and it too produced some nice fish. The water temperature is hovering around 60 degrees Faren. and remains at a good level since we have had numerous afternoon shower. be sure and carry rain gear, PLEASE fish barbless and practice catch and release. Bradley below Chasteen has some nice (12" - 16" browns) but you will need to go deep for them.
    I haven't seen any bears this year but there were several in there last year and I'm sure they haven't gone far so be careful and have a great trip.....Bob

Hey ifish. I have been to 50 a couple of times but never bothered to fish there the creek is so small. I love small remote streams but it just never excited me. I bet you would like staying at cabin flats better its on up the trail a bit farther though. If you stay at 50 you won't be terribly far from Bradley Fork you can walk back down there and fish.

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it.
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.