Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any advice for avoiding mice at backcountry sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    I stayed at 39 last year with a friend and we both were eating mtn house and assorted snacks. We both hung our packs on the same hang with food in stuff sacks inside. When we got up the next morn mice had ate through his backpack, stuffsack, and ate part of his food. Mine was untouched. Kind of like fishing sometimes its just luck or lack of it that dictates. On a side note since then I have also switched away from mtn house and do all real food with no other problems but I don't think it would matter mice probably aren't too particular. Have fun though man I am jealous!
    Uh yeah that was my food bag. It was funny how the hole went straight through the bag and into the food. I could've stuck my thumb up into the larabars or whatever it was they ate. I was amazed they could cling onto the underside of a slick silnylon bag, way up in the bear hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    Uh yeah that was my food bag. It was funny how the hole went straight through the bag and into the food. I could've stuck my thumb up into the larabars or whatever it was they ate. I was amazed they could cling onto the underside of a slick silnylon bag, way up in the bear hang.
    That was pre lara bar days before the current paleolithic times so it was probably oatmeal cream pies or some such soy laden, testosterone killing, gluten filled poison which is why the rats wanted it

If you are going to pass a church on Big Cove Rd. on your way in .......you've made a wrong turn somewhere !!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fearnofishbob View Post
    If you are going to pass a church on Big Cove Rd. on your way in .......you've made a wrong turn somewhere !!

It's at a Big Bend in the road - Church of the Holiness - maybe we can go sometime? I hiked out too late on Sunday to make the service.