Thread: Two Coats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two Coats

Ok...I got two coats on this thing...looking good so far, I think. I am coming up for labor day and will bring this rod. I think it will be like Gandalfs staff is to him...I see many brookies in my future and 14" fish...maybe not.

Varnish is thin. Take your time(don' rush) and apply more coats until you get the desired result.

Lee

Will do Lee. I think at least two more are called for...maybe three. It already has a better sheen to the threads and rod. I think it has a lot better protection already.

Continue to apply additional coats until the desired result(appearance) is achieved. Then apply one final coat to the entire rod(thread and blank). Multiple coats(more than two) are usually not required on the blank and if done improperly can cause pooling of the finish, excess weight and in extreme cases change the rod action.

Lee

Ah good to know! I'll just add a couple more to the threads then since the entire rod has two coats now. It looks so much better already...going to take it out saturday for some warm water fish.