Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tough fishing on lower Clinch

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
    HMMMM...for defending someone calling me a liar because i stated I caught 10 fish and broke 3 off? Good thing I didn't really catch a 20+ inch fish that day and not take a picture of it. That I might understand, but 10 lousy fish and the minions call you a liar? Sorry for the use of the word minion, but in my book that's a lot less than a liar.

See you on the river and no you didn't make my day. I could care less what you personally think of me.

I do apologize for stating I caught that enormous amount of fish that day(3hours and 40 min to be exact, so yeah, pretty slow) that brought doubt to the masses.
    I would believe you, maybe.

In fact I would believe several that post here, but there are a few who wouldn't know a 20 inch fish if you handed it to them. They would call it 26" or something ridiculous of that nature. Whoops there comes that arrogant streak again....dammit

Quote Originally Posted by pineman19 View Post
    Wilson,

Have you fished since they started spill 600 cfs. Have heard good things about the action under those conditions. Hope to over that way this weekend, although I will avoid Saturday, I assume it will be a madhouse.

Neal
    I haven't of late, but I have heard its been fishing really well. Let us know how it goes if you make it up there this weekend.
    Adam
    awilson1010@gmail.com

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
    www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>

Default 600 c.f.m.s

I have wade fished 800 c.f.m.s actually I should have said i tried to fish, about all you can do is stand near the edge a cast. Fishing 600 will be fishable about the same. If you wade, it will be tough but do-able. Floating is the best option if you have a boat. Be careful, if you go I would pay Judd and fish his section of the river it spreads out and will not be as difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson10 View Post
    I haven't of late, but I have heard its been fishing really well. Let us know how it goes if you make it up there this weekend.
    Wilson,

Hope to head that way Sunday or Monday or maybe both if I can find a place to camp Sunday night. I'll drop a report if head that way. I figure it will be packed on Saturday, have done it before, but usually there it's less crowded on a Sunday, early on anyway.

Neal

Default 600 c.f.ms

pineman,
    have you wade fished 600 c.f.m.s ?

Quote Originally Posted by cockeye valdez View Post
    pineman,
    have you wade fished 600 c.f.m.s ?
    CV,

I haven't waded on 600 cfs. On the average it has been around 300-400 cfs while I have fished. I did find a report on Hugh Hartsell's website on a trip he made during 600, from the pics the water level looked wad-able. I may drop an email to Hugh on this subject since I am the process of purchasing some flies from him.

Neal

Why has a topic on CLinch fishing degarded into a topic about wading the South Holston?

Hey I'll venture to get this thread back on topic... Where is Llewelyn Island and shoals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    Hey I'll venture to get this thread back on topic... Where is Llewelyn Island and shoals?
    Mundele,

It's upstream of the parking area of the Baptist Church fishing access parking area. Not too long of a walk, I have only been there once, last Friday, nice looking water. I didn't have much luck, either the fish weren't cooperating, the stripers had ate all the trout, or I basically suck as a trout fisherman. Take your pick

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    Mundele you suck and couldn't catch a stocker trout to save your life! I will be in a silver explorer sport track near the ruby tuesdays at northshore and pellissippi tomorrow around 8am if you are man enough to fight me!!