Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Annual Smokies Camp-N-Fish

Hey great! We'll see ya there! Thanks for coming!
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

Wish I could make it...however, I'm still paying for my Colorado trip back in August...

I know how you feel! I'll be paying for the trip to Wyoming/MT/Idaho I did this summer for years, probably. y-e-a-r-s. but it was worth it. My first trip out west and I got to meet, hang and fish with some TU big-wheels on TU's tab. Fished some smaller water out there and I came (*-*)this close to getting a Grayling on a dry.

Maybe next year...err...in a few years...

Owl, my dsl has been down for a week+ ....how many folks have have said they would be coming to Smokemont ?? ...I'm looking forward to it...Bob

Sounds like a lot of fun. Won't be able to make it as I have other commitments.

Certain laws (and common sense) prohibit us from giving guns to people we don't know.
    Too bad the BATFE didn't follow that advice.

yeah, amen to that.

Bob I think we will have about 5 fly fishers, two wives and 5 kids. something like that. and maybe a couple of day trippers stopping by Sat. Day users should be there early because I'm sure most of us will be heading out to fish before 10 or so. Anyone wanting to stop by for dinner sat. night unexpectedly - feel free to do so, just BYOfood if we don't know yur comin'.

Owl, there may be 3 of us, ...no wives. We're lookning forward to it......seeya Friday

Default Smokemont?

Is smokemont reservation only? You will be staying Fri. and Sat. nights? Where are you thinking of fishing on Sat.?
    ><> Aaron

AC - I think the park is full now, but there are other campgrounds in the area. With the leaves turning now, it's going to be a little crowded up there this weekend and next. If you want to join us though, we'll have plenty of burgers Sat. night - come on over. first site as you enter the campground. b001 I think is the number.

As for fishing, there are lots of choices in the area and if wild streams aren't your thing there are two DH streams within an hour or so. ( The tuckaseegee is only 30 min. or so at most). Not sure if they've been stocked yet or not, but I'm betting they have. Lots of wild trout water all around you there at Smokemont.

FNFBob - that's great! Look forward to meeting ya! It's gonna be a good crowd. Weather looks good, too.

See you guys there.