Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Boy

Default SC Boy

A friend of mine told me about this board a year or so ago. I finally got around to joining. I have fished for about everything that swims anywhere near me in about any manner legal, but I haven't touched anything but a fly rod in years. The biggest drawback to where I live is that the nearest wild trout stream is the Smith in Va, and it's 3 1/2 hours. I am looking forward to being on the board.

Welcome to the board!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

SC Boy, happy you joined us.

JF
    Last edited by JoeFred; 10-31-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

sc boy, welcome to the board! The guys and ladies on here are very knowledgable and informative. Enjoy your three hour commute to the smokies. Mine is a six hour commute, one way! again welcome and enjoy.

I appreciate the welcome folks. I recognize some of the names from other boards and I know I will enjoy this one. The closest I get to fishing the Smokies is the Davidson a few times a year. I will hit it more next year!

The entrance fee to this board is the recipe to a certain beetle pattern.
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5xtippett View Post
    I appreciate the welcome folks. I recognize some of the names from other boards and I know I will enjoy this one. The closest I get to fishing the Smokies is the Davidson a few times a year. I will hit it more next year!
    Welcome friend! Use the search feature on the forums and you will find some great information and previous topics.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

welcome
    not everyone on the board fishes cold water all the time!
    looking forward to hearing about your experiences

"The entrance fee to this board is the recipe to a certain beetle pattern. " Gee, what makes you think I have a beetle pattern? Streamhound
    , I am a trout guy, it's just I don't make it to the Smokies that much. The Smith in Va. is the closest wild trout stream to my home. I live in Hartsville and it's 3 1/2 hours to Martinsville one way. It's 4 hours to the Davidson River Outfitters.

Welcome aboard 5x sc boy.... I got on the phone and found you a copy of the recipe for the" townsend beetle " so you can pay the dues...... People this here sc boy is a good man and the fish know when he has been on the river.OK 5x send me my check you know my fee.
    "never let a day go by without telling the CHILDREN how special they are"