Thread: Trout Biomass Kg/Ha

Default Trout Biomass Kg/Ha

Does anyone know what Kg/Ha for wild trout biomass for is considered average, good and excellent for Southeastern trout streams? From some of my reading, a 100 is considered good and a 150 or better would would be excellent. Is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by MBB View Post
    Does anyone know what Kg/Ha for wild trout biomass for is considered average, good and excellent for Southeastern trout streams? From some of my reading, a 100 is considered good and a 150 or better would would be excellent. Is this accurate?
    I had to research this one myself. The key issue in these studies is disseminating wild trout.

“Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Quote Originally Posted by MBB View Post
    Kilogram per hectare. Both are metric terms. A kilogram is approximately 2.2 lbs and a hectare is roughly about 2.5 acres

I spoke with a fisheries biologist and he said anywhere from 15 to 50 would be considered average for a typical wild trout stream in the Southeast. Therefore, anything above 100 would be quite good.