Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Directions on how to make a proper post

There's not even a thing that photoshop can do for oatmeal. I'm sorry, there's just not.
    www.owljones.com - OwlJones.com - The Internet's Only "Fishertainment" Website

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Buzz,

I think i understood most of your points. I do feel that i would get a much better understanding if you just took me with you next time. Nothing beats firsthand experience.

Thanks again,
    Mac,
    I was thinking of you the entire time I read this post.

Although if you got together with Buzz you could make a "steaming pile" of a post

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    Well done Buzz!

We need to try for a repeat of our trip last spring. I am in serious need of some time on the water....
    We need to. Hopefully this nice weather keeps up and we can do it sooner than later.

Last weekend was my first time out since bow season started back in September. It took me a while to work out some of the kinks.

Shoot me a message when it looks like you can get away.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Thanks for the compliments folks. I had alot of fun writing it.

Thanks Buzz,
    This particular "Northern neighbor" does in fact "eat it up"

I know for a FACT that it is VERY steep where your at in this picture. I've been all over about all the ridges in this picture. It's ALL steep around there. Ole Goat creek. One of my favorite places to "get away from it all". Did you do any good here?

Default If Fort Knox is still around....

It's been forever and a day since I was there, but there used to be a place located between Cosby and I-40 known as Fort Knox. It was operated by a German couple. I do not recall her name, but his was George. The story was that he was former SS. I never had the nerve to ask. They specialized in German food, with Hasenpfeffer to die for. They also sold a variety of drinks made with moonshine, including maraschino cherries pickled in white lightening. The last time I was there was in the late 1980s. Iit was George’s 80th birthday. He was dancing on top of the bar with two scantly clad local lasses while his wife clapped with the music. I do not recall is they served breakfast, at least in the traditional sense.

Default **** Yankee

This Northern neighbor is tired of seeing all of these wonderful posts without the benefit of posting his own. It is not my fault that my Townsend born mother married a **** Yankee from Maine, how I ended up in Illinois is an even more depressing story. I don't get "home" often enough, and when I do my remaining relatives don't understand why I spend my time in the "crick." Waterfowl season has ended and my wife is currently enduring my endless hours of trip planning on this **** laptop. The trip dates keep getting pushed up a little closer. Until then I will dream my dreams of cold water, blue skies and tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
    It's been forever and a day since I was there, but there used to be a place located between Cosby and I-40 known as Fort Knox...
    They specialized in German food, with Hasenpfeffer to die for...
    An amusing account, Don. Thanks. Goggling didn't yield much, but I did learn that "Hasenpfeffer (also spelled hasenfeffer) is a traditional German stew made from marinated rabbit or hare,..." So technically this pertains to making a "proper post," as it could be argured that it relates to a fly pattern one could include. Only thing is, I don't think the marinade would be permitted by Park fishing regs.

JF
    Last edited by JoeFred; 02-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps
    sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

Default Goat Creek

FishNHunt, I can see how Goat Creek would be a good place to "get away from it all". It would be real easy for someone who's on the run from their job, their wife, or the law to disappear there for awhile. I had recieve report about a couple limits of nice fish being caught out of the first pool past the retention pond (?). Including 2 nice fish that he couldn't turn and they broke him off. I caught nothing. Didn't even see a fish. I also heard the retention pond was full of fish, but it was inaccessible for me.

I did see some good buck sign and alot of hog sign up Goat Creek. I'm pretty good at getting dead stuff out of unlikelly spots, but not sure I could get one out of here.