Thread: Tourist Jet Boat on the French Broad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tourist Jet Boat on the French Broad?

I heard some disturbing news this week. This is a rumor. The talk is, a person bought some property on the French Broad River at the 61 Bridge. This person intends to install a Zip-Line across the river for tourists. Additionally, this person has purchased some jet boats that are capable of transporting 20 people on tours of the French Broad River.

Has anyone heard about this?

Byron

Byron,
    Are you talking about the Hwy.66 bridge crossing the French Broad River coming from the I-40 into Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area? A very large walk out ramp has been built out over the river on the North Side just above the Old Lee Greenwood Theater. Another new building is being started in the field just as you cross the river and before you get to the knife building. The large extended ramp will be used for something like a Zip Line or viewing area. I can't tell about a boat ramp.
    Hugh
    Hugh Hartsell---East Tenn.
    smokymountainflyguide.com

It would make no difference and you would hardly notice another jet boat or two in the mess of other jets running up and down that river. As far as the zip line, a few folks getting killed by dropping into the river at high flows, and it will go away as will the entire business.

Hugh,

That is the bridge from what I understand. They guy also told me the business purchased 5 jet boats capable of holding 20 passengers each. He called them New Zealand jet boats. Please keep in mind that this is a rumor.

Byron

I have seen the zipline and the docks on the river. It does not surprise me that Sevierville will allow this venture. They will do anything to bring in more tourist no matter how much it affects the natural beauty of the area. and there is not much of that left. I didn't know about the jet boat tours. Hopefully it wont last.

Byron I have a friend on the utility board in Sevierville. He told me about it in January. Pretty sure those are no rumors. I think he's already been involved in some work for this also.I may be mistaken on my last point. I'll see what I can find out. Will be @ his house this weekend.
    Lynn