Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sum Ting Wong

Default Sum Ting Wong

...I guess next time I decide to fish I will read the fishing report first then decide if I want to go....I just read the fishing report and it said go fishing today....hmm that might explain why there were so many fishermen on Little River Today....I only seen a small hand full off hatches coming off and the fishing was way off. The highlight of the day was David Knapp showing me a fish that must have been at least 24-30"

I decided to head farther up river to find some solitude....there wasn't any don't you fly fishermen have jobs? For a 70 degree day the fishing wasn't all that great I didn't think I'm curious how everyone else did. I did get a chance to pay it forward by helping a really nice gentleman new to fly fishing named Chad with a few tips.

What a nice reward seeing the huge smile a new fly fishermen gets when landing a fish....below are the few that I managed to hand today....enjoy

Oh look I drove there as opposed to jogging to the stream in my waders?

First fish

Another

I guess a day on the stream is better than a day at work

Thanks for the report Spotlight a bad day for you would have been a good day for me. Glad you got out at least bro.

I thought this was going to be a review of a new chinese restaurant in Maryville.
    Nice fish.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
    The highlight of the day was David Knapp showing me a fish that must have been at least 24-30"
    That's quite a range! The difference between a big fish and a monster...
    I'll tell you what's "wong" is that there are no posted pics of this fish.
    Mr. Knapp, where are you?? Holding out till the end of the month as usual...

Tight Lines,

"Oh look I drove there as opposed to jogging to the stream in my waders?" That is funny right there!

Quote Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
    Mr. Knapp, where are you?? Holding out till the end of the month as usual...

Tight Lines,

Hahaha, unfortunately my skills were not up to the task... I fished for that fish 3 times yesterday and even had it either eat a nymph or at least take a look but didn't get a clean hookset. Oh well, I will be back...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Quote Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
    Hahaha, unfortunately my skills were not up to the task... I fished for that fish 3 times yesterday and even had it either eat a nymph or at least take a look but didn't get a clean hookset. Oh well, I will be back...
    You can show me the hole and I'll give it a try...
    I need to just start following you around on LR anyway... what do you drive btw??

Tight Lines,

Quote Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
    I fished for that fish 3 times yesterday and even had it either eat a nymph or at least take a look but didn't get a clean hookset. Oh well, I will be back...
    Unlike usual where the large trout just seem to jump onto your hook

Quote Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
    what do you drive btw??
    Can't remember right now...if I happen to look in the garage I'll let you know...

Seriously, if you want to fish sometime give me a holler...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Kevin.
    Glad you got to get out and fish. Like you said, a bad day fishing beats any day at work.

I got to take my son and my dad up to Nantahala DH on Wed., the day before my son's birthday.

My now teenage son (13) got to catch a few on a dry fly. There were bugs hatching and trout jumping. We had a ball catching a few trout!

Tight Lines.

Scott