Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/29 in GSMNP

Quote Originally Posted by GrouseMan77 View Post
    Very nice Travis. I can't hardly bring myself to carry a p&s on a day trip. The DSLR is 10x the picture. I'm not as brave as you when it comes to the Clinch. Lets try to go sometime.
    Sure thing! I was hoping to go this Friday afternoon, but got roped into a meeting that killed those plans. Oh well, probably would have had difficulty finding an open seam with it being a holiday weekend. I will just wait a week for the crowds to maybe slow down.

BTW, I carry my D90 with 18-50mm f/2.8 lens in a roll-top pack by SealLine. When I had my D40 and 18-55 it would actually all fit inside my Fishpond Dragonfly. Now I just sling it over my shoulder. Here is a link to the pack I use:

http://cascadedesigns.com/sealline/p...al-pak/product

Quote Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
    Travis;

Are those "trillium"? Up in Maine they call them "Stinking Bengamins" cuase they stink when you pick em.... and what kid don't wanna pick one for his mommy? Stinky fingers.

Beautiful pictures.... we've all seen enough fish and they all look the same.
    I believe they are, however they are a little different from the one's I usually see in the park. They are usually smaller, and the petals overlap each other. On these the petals do not overlap and it has a little black center. Maybe just a different species of trillium. Below is a pic of what I am more familiar with:

All but the 4th picture appear to be varieties of trillium. "Jack in the Pulpit" is a very different flower. If you see one, you will see that the name is quite appropriate.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Default Beautiful Pics

It definately pays to take a quality camera

I guess you just need a quality rain jacket to match

Thanks for sharing

You know, I got that jacket on sale for 50% off. I have not had many problems with it, but it is not a technical jacket. It works for probably 95% of the conditions I encounter, but that storm was just extremely heavy.

When this one wears out, I will go ahead and spring for a good Gore-Tex technical jacket. Lesson learned!