Thread: jakes creek 4-14-12

Default jakes creek 4-14-12

the brother in law and i went to jakes creek, above elkmont saturday. the fishing is on up there! however i was a little slow, i had many many bites yet i only managed two small rainbows to hand. most of the day i used a thunderhead with a bead head pheasant tail dropper and they were taking both. after we left jakes creek, we fished roadside on east prong for a little bit. i switched to a yellow stimulator there after seeing a several yellow sallies fly by the past few weeks. had a few good takes, including a nice brown i saw grab it after it sunk at the end of a drift, but of course i missed that one too. par for the course i guess...

Fished there Friday. Slower than I would have expected with a dry. Tied on the heaviest, biggest nymph I had around noon and had better results highstick'n the deep pools and runs.
    John

Good to hear it's fishing well...gonna be up there saturday for a week or so and I can't wait. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckwalla View Post
    Fished there Friday. Slower than I would have expected with a dry. Tied on the heaviest, biggest nymph I had around noon and had better results highstick'n the deep pools and runs.
    That's exactly how I fish up there. Always try the dry but really seem to do better highsticking the runs. One of my favorite little streams.

That's a nice brown for Jakes but I don't have to tell you that... you obviously know where to find them.

Tight Lines,