Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: NO tall tales, let's tell it all!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mid Tennessee
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Here is my best on a dry fly. Henry's Fork on a #14 flav.
    "Here fishy fishy."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
    Waterwolf,
    REALLY nice fish! Clinch?

    Only one problem. We all know you were using your special fly for that beast!
    Exactly!!! Good one Phil.

    Caught a 23" bank sipping brown on the soho during a bwo hatch. Got it on a #20 parachute Adams. Tough cast, tough drift, and probably the the epitome of my life as a fisherman. Had my buddy take 2 pics with my camera to capture the moment, released the fish, and found out he only held the button down halfway both times.

    Great fish 'Wolf. Did you catch it on Road Prong?

    4X

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fourx View Post
    Exactly!!! Good one Phil.

    Caught a 23" bank sipping brown on the soho during a bwo hatch. Got it on a #20 parachute Adams. Tough cast, tough drift, and probably the the epitome of my life as a fisherman. Had my buddy take 2 pics with my camera to capture the moment, released the fish, and found out he only held the button down halfway both times.

    Great fish 'Wolf. Did you catch it on Road Prong?

    4X
    Dang it, you found out my secret spot.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Silvercreek,
    What a great fish off Silver Creek! That fish has a PhD in entomology based on the stuff it sees thrown at it on one year, and you fooled it! Fishing downstream with a dry?What an ecosystem that place is.

    Here's a couple of picks that will jog the memory. One for those that don't know you have to sign in everyday. The place is owned/leased/ or run somehow through Nature Conservancy so you sign it and state your business in the area.


    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Really nice fish wolf. What X tippet and how long was your leader. Must have taken a while to land.
    Lynn

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mid Tennessee
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Thanks. That fish was from the Henry's Fork, altough Silver Creek is my favorite stream as you might guess from my user name. I almost always fish downstream on the western streams. From your pic, I'd say your down around where Loving Creek enters Silver Creek. Beautiful shot and it does bring back memories.
    "Here fishy fishy."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
    Really nice fish wolf. What X tippet and how long was your leader. Must have taken a while to land.
    Lynn

    That one came on a unique set up, leader length was about 7.5' and the tippet was 02X, which is 24 lb. Surprisingly the fish didn't take too long to land, she jumped so many times it wore her out quick.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    That one came on a unique set up, leader length was about 7.5' and the tippet was 02X, which is 24 lb. Surprisingly the fish didn't take too long to land, she jumped so many times it wore her out quick.

    sounds like an Alabama rig to me!
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
    sounds like an Alabama rig to me!

    Having just seen an Alabama rig for the first time, I can honestly say I would spend more time unwrapping myself from that mess than actually fishing with it.

    I dread the day when I would tie that nightmare on.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    576

    Default

    [QUOTE=waterwolf;101383]That one came on a unique set up, leader length was about 7.5' and the tippet was 02X, which is 24 lb. Surprisingly the fish didn't take too long to land, she jumped so many times it wore her out quick.[/QUOTE

    WOW!What kind of dry fly do you use with 24lb tippet. Cant see the fly in the photo.
    Lynn

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Fishing Tales
    By Carlito in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •