Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here

Default New here

Howzit, new here, but not to fly fishing. I thought I had to wait for approval from a mod, a friend of mine reminded me about this forum, so here goes...

From South Africa, fly fished since I was 5. Been in the states since 2001, love it. Going to be relocating to Asheville over the next year or so, not because of work, but because I need to be closer to the bluelines. Its about the only thing that keeps me motivated.

trademark waterfalls

the path to enlightenment

Favorite beer and snack

flogging

Musky have my attention too...
    Well, I'd rather not bore you to death with random pix, but hopefully I can contribute something here, since my love for the smokys was revitalized this past weekend when a friend got married in Gatlinburg, hit up a few bluelines and remembered that I need to hang out on the TN side some more.
    Cheers fellers
    Mike

Don't I know you from somewhere?
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.

Nice stuff!
    Jason

jasonkelkins at yahoo dot com

Bout' dang time.
    Let me know about that trip....I've got room for 6 more tall boys.
    Go gunners.

Welcome...

Any fan of highland is a friend of mine...

Tight Lines,

I was wondering if you had gone back across the Pond. Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your stay at "the peaceful side of the Smokies".
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!

Welcome! Those are some outstanding pictures! Thanks for sharing. FWIW, the annual meeting for Trout Unlimited will be in Asheville this September. Great city! There is a baseball team there (that's American style cricket); grandson plays for them. Judging from your one picture, Asheville will be on your list with a number of microbrewerys.

Some great pics of some nice fish . Do you know someone at highland or just like their product? My son ,who lives in Raleigh, homebrews and is fried=nds with someone who works there. Also , what kid of jerky is that on the dehydrator?

Mike

Thanks for the welcome guys!
    The jerky was from a white tail a friend shot in Rolesville last year. We always do an xmas batch. Can't get enough of it!

What flavor was the jerky? I used to make venison jerky all the time when I had a buddy suppyling it for me . I would have a shoulder meat ground , then roll it out thin and (after marinading it in a white pepper marinade) and make discs out of it with a cookie cutter before dehydrating them. Good Stuff!!
    Mike