Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warm water trophy

Default Warm water trophy

I really didn't want to make a new thread just for a lowly panfish but I know there are some warm water diehards out there who would probably appreciate it regardless... Was out fishing for some green trout Monday night and caught my biggest gill ever out of a pond at a local country club. I thought for sure that it was a bass but boy was I surprised... luckily I had my camera along with me to take a couple of pics.

Tight Lines,

Monster gill taken on the TFO Finesse...

Good Lord, man, that thing's HUGE! Definitely well fed. Bet it did feel like a beast on the end of your line. Congrats.
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!

That sucker is big. They are a lot of fun on the fly rod. We have a pond here in the neighborhood, full of blue gill and bass, 3 minutes walk from my house. For some reason, I rarely go down there.
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.

Looking at the cork grip as reference, that is a pond or river monster. Biggest bluegill I have ever caught was 9 inches long, caught on an inline spinner. Bet you are going back to that honey spot!

Quote Originally Posted by ifish4wildtrout View Post
    That sucker is big. They are a lot of fun on the fly rod. We have a pond here in the neighborhood, full of blue gill and bass, 3 minutes walk from my house. For some reason, I rarely go down there.
    ifish, will you email me at taylorbenjamin8@gmail.com. I'd like to ask you a question about NC fishing.

Killer bluegill by the way. Those things are fun.
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"

I think ya need a bigger pan...(jaws music in the background) Lowly? I hear ya, but we all know ain't nothing lowly about 'em. Post away 'cause we likey. Besides, how many of us cut our piscatorial teeth on these babies (well okay, maybe not at that porcine) I have fond memories of youth and my grandparents who taught me how to fish starting with a cane pole, crickets, and scrappy 'gills. Nice fish! Uh, so whens the fish fry...
    May you find a rise in every puddle... - WATERBORN

I love catching the "lowly" panfish. Wish I had a pond full of bream that size in my backyard!

Tnflyfisher that is an awesome fish,great colors. Don't be ashamed of that monster. My father has a pond in Georgia that is full of huge bream. He also has access to ponds that you actually have a legitimate chance of catching bass over 8 lbs. I spend as much time on the bluegill as I do the bass.
    Lynn

I love bluegill on the fly rod. It is how most people started fly fishing. Something nice about going back to the consistent action and sheer will power those fish have. Very nice gill!

Thumbs up

Wow that is one big boy. Really nice. I was out this morning and thought I had caught a nice bream but the one you got is outstanding. Here is my little one.