The tide was running a little higher than predicted so I knew that there was a possiblity of catching fish on a wading flat.....of course it was raining with a lot of lightning. I got home and got ready and waited for the lightning to settle down a bit. About 7pm the lightning finally started to calm down a bit so I went ahead and went out. I only had about 30 minutes before high and I decided to try a new flat that I had found but never fished. I picked it because it was close to the road and shelter if the lightning became an issue again.

I walke around the flat looking, it was raining and the wind was blowing pretty good. I walked all the way down to one end, and had turned around to head back. I got about 1/2 way back when I thought I saw a tail about 50 yards away. I hurried over and after watching for a good bit saw the tail again and gave it a cast. It ended up being a 28 inch red. I caught it on my LC Fiddler pattern. The pictures are not the greatest, but in my defense it was raining good and the lens must have fogged up some.

JohnH0802