Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Morning On a Small Lake

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Smyrna
    Posts
    59

    Post Morning On a Small Lake

    Fished this morning with my fishing partner with his new small boat on his subdivision lake. Good bream and small bass.


    His new boat.


    Small Bass




    Great day on the lake for about 2 hours caught about 22 total fish between the two of us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Townsend, Tennessee
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Great pictures Wyatt. I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. Can't wait. Hopefully I'll do as well as you did. Cool boat!

    Byron

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmwalker View Post
    Fished this morning with my fishing partner with his new small boat on his subdivision lake. Good bream and small bass.
    Great day on the lake for about 2 hours caught about 22 total fish between the two of us.
    That sure looks like a good day and there is nothing like getting fish on poppers and stillwater flies. Great boat as well!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Smyrna
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Byron good luck tomorrow and it is great fun. Those bream really give the fly rod a run for the money. Let us know how you do tomorrow. please

    Madisonboats Thanks and the boat did real good. That was our first trip with it and we will make a few adjustments but all is good. Those bream were really working the poppers and the small bass would hit it every now and then.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmwalker View Post
    .......

    Madisonboats Thanks and the boat did real good. That was our first trip with it and we will make a few adjustments but all is good. Those bream were really working the poppers and the small bass would hit it every now and then.


    Thank
    s
    Wyatt,
    You should try midges on indicators as well. Tons of midges/chironomids in ponds and lakes. However; I find that most takes will be from the bream. Thanks for sharing the pictures and be sure to add you some life vests somewhere on your boat. You never know when and why you might need them.


    *Also, stop by Big Lots and buy you a beach umbrella for $10 and rig it to your boat with some bungees. Works great and you can adjust height for casting and stay cool.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Smyrna
    Posts
    59

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    Wyatt,
    You should try midges on indicators as well. Tons of midges/chironomids in ponds and lakes. However; I find that most takes will be from the bream. Thanks for sharing the pictures and be sure to add you some life vests somewhere on your boat. You never know when and why you might need them.


    *Also, stop by Big Lots and buy you a beach umbrella for $10 and rig it to your boat with some bungees. Works great and you can adjust height for casting and stay cool.
    Shawn
    Very good suggestion and thanks I will go there this afternoon and get the umbrella and put our life vests in as well. Thanks.

    Buy the way I really enjoy reading your posts about your different trips and information on the river and streams you fish. Keep it up please.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Good report and better pics glad you had a good day.
    Lynn

Similar Threads

  1. Morning On a Small Subdivision Lake
    By wmwalker in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 10:05 AM
  2. Morning Possibilities?
    By UTKFlyFisher in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
  3. Walland this morning
    By jdwindon in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
  4. Interesting morning!
    By Hugh Hartsell in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
  5. Good morning
    By Redfish62 in forum New Members Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •