Thread: Anyone still fishing?

Default Anyone still fishing?

Just curious if anyone was still fishing? Haven't been many new posts lately. I know I've been itching to wet a line. What has everyone been up to?
    Jed
    Bamboo flyrods, old four wheel drives, small streams
    "I will make you fishers of men"- Christ
    email: dawgvet2003(at)yahoo(dot)com

I had a four day weekend for memorial day and fished three of those days. Clinch river, Elkmont and Townsend were all not nearly as crowded as I expected. Caught some decent trout and missed many more.

This past weekend I caught a 42" gar on the fly while out hunting for smallies. Does that count..??

Tight Lines,

my daughter, some friends(non fly fishers) and i spent the weekend on citico. had a good time except i caught more chiggers than trout. that stream was a bit humbling... i can't wait to go back now that i know i need the special stamp only if i fish the mainstream. i saw an inviting tributary i have to go try.

Warmwater smallmouth. Tailwaters are a zoo. I love the intimacy and privacy of small creeks and river smallies where I can fish all day and never see another person.

Just a little fishing close to home for me. Hoping to branch out a little more over the next two weekends including what I hope will be the first of several backpacking trips for the summer! Fishing has been good on local streams and lakes for bass and panfish...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog