Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Holston Proper

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Posts
    183

    Default Holston Proper

    .............
    Last edited by Randy Ratliff; 08-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seymour, TN
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Awesome fish!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    576

    Default

    WOW!!!! Nice fish.
    Lynn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Thanks Lynn

    Gary, hope we can get you on one of these monsters next Monday, looking forward to it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Tn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    That's a pig! I've been fishing the holston a lot lately. I've been catching a bunch of cookie cutter 12-15 inch fish, but nothing like that.
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milligan trout degree View Post
    That's a pig! I've been fishing the holston a lot lately. I've been catching a bunch of cookie cutter 12-15 inch fish, but nothing like that.
    You may be fishing a different holston than Rnady is, if he is fishing where he normally does.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Tn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    You may be fishing a different holston than Rnady is, if he is fishing where he normally does.
    You're right, I forgot about his location. My guess is we were on different rivers. If not for impoundments, it'd be the same river though.
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milligan trout degree View Post
    You're right, I forgot about his location. My guess is we were on different rivers. If not for impoundments, it'd be the same river though.

    I know, my comment was tongue in cheek with regards to a "different holston".

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seymour, TN
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Ratliff View Post

    Gary, hope we can get you on one of these monsters next Monday, looking forward to it.
    I hope so too! Floated a short section of the lower LR yesterday and while I caught a lot of redbreast and french bass, the smallies were tight lipped. The biggest to hand was maybe 8" !
    One thing I forgot to mention is that the otters have also migrated down there also. I was fishing the section from River johns to the water plant and had an otter chasing and eating bream at one area I was trying to fish. Watched him/her catch one and eat it in front of me. They dont just eat crawfish! I've seen them in Sevierville also.
    Last edited by Troutman; 06-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Tn
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    I know, my comment was tongue in cheek with regards to a "different holston".
    I know, with two lakes in between, they may as well be different rivers.
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"

Similar Threads

  1. Holston proper fishing
    By Troutman in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 09:11 PM
  2. Directions on how to make a proper post
    By buzzmcmanus in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM
  3. How to make a proper post
    By buzzmcmanus in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
  4. Holston Proper
    By Randy Ratliff in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 10:52 AM
  5. Proper way to photograph a fish
    By BlueRaiderFan in forum Photography
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •