Thread: Brown Trout County

Default Brown Trout County

I headed up to Brown Trout County in Pisgah National Forest this morning to explore a new section of stream. I started off in the higher elevation and was expecting to find some natives.

I was quickly into a bunch of these, but no natives.

I hiked downstream a good ways but I guess I overestimated how far I walked, within 2 hours I was back at the trail. I decided to hike out and drive downstream and fish a section I have fished before, I know it's home to some big trout.

Within 5 minutes, I had this guy. The picture does not do this fish justice, that's all I'm saying, he was pretty nice.

That rainbow would be the last trout of the day. I did fish on for a while, catching quite an assortment of other species.

I finally decided to call it a day. Quality was decent today and the scenery was beautiful. I am a bit surprised, but I saw no snakes today. With all the pit viper reports lately, I was sure I would run into at least one. Not complaining, I'm glad I did not see any.

Last edited by ifish4wildtrout; 06-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.

nice pics and report. keep them coming for us flatlanders. may be able to get out in the fall. like i said keep them coming for us that live vicariously through these posts. flyguys.

Nice report thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good day with those browns and the rainbow is a nice wild bow.

Do you know what the technical name is for that bream that you caught? I was fishing Wilson Creek DH water and caught a similar looking bream. Someone told me it was a robin perch, but it looked different. It had all those bright blue vermicular markings near its mouth and was a beautiful fish with vibrant colors. I was much more proud of that fish than all the stocker trout I was catching.

Smile That's quite a variety of fish there

As usual - great report

Keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by MBB View Post
    Nice report thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good day with those browns and the rainbow is a nice wild bow.

Do you know what the technical name is for that bream that you caught? I was fishing Wilson Creek DH water and caught a similar looking bream. Someone told me it was a robin perch, but it looked different. It had all those bright blue vermicular markings near its mouth and was a beautiful fish with vibrant colors. I was much more proud of that fish than all the stocker trout I was catching.
    I'm not sure, that why I say it's a bream. I really don't know the technical name.
    Wild troutin, blue linin, fly flingin, camo wearin, redneckin elitist.