Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/26 Sams Creek

Ha, you guys sound like I'm dying, I'm just moving 6 hours away. I'll still be lurking the forums don't worry, and if you're lucky I'll post some reports in the out-of-state forum every once in a while!

The only problem with this report is that rainbow at the end. Sam's creek was a restoration project some 10-12 yrs. ago. It is supposed to be nothing but brookies above the falls which are not far above the confluence with Thunderhead. If you caught a rainbow above those falls something is wrong and that is information the biologists would want to know. So to the OP, can you confirm one more time that you caught that 10" rainbow above the falls on Sam's Creek? If I read your report correctly you caught it above the second crossing and that is not good news to the tons of people who busted their butts restoring that creek. FWIW, I'm not doubting you, just trying to clarify before I give a false report to someone. Thanks.

Bugg, nathan caught that rainbow by the parking lot at tremont after we hiked back from Sams. sorry if that wasnt clear in the report. Believe me, if we caught a rainbow at Sams, we would have let the appropriate people know ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by JayB View Post
    Bugg, nathan caught that rainbow by the parking lot at tremont after we hiked back from Sams. sorry if that wasnt clear in the report. Believe me, if we caught a rainbow at Sams, we would have let the appropriate people know ASAP.

way to spoil my fun...

Man, thats good news. Congrats on a good day afield.

So THATS why he put me in the upper Marks group! Ha ha. I wore shorts that day as well...I still have scrapes. Matt and I have known each other for a while. I teach the Wilderness First Responder classes that the fisheries guys take as well.
    ----Jeff Wadley