Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filming fish

Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Wow, so there's quite a bit of interest in this. I thought it was so cool because I'd never heard of anyone doing it in the Smokies. Don, I've looked at those Sealife cameras too. I've also looked at some of the water proof housings for my Canon 7D and HDD recorder but I can't justify the prices for a hobby.
    Bran,
    I have three-water proof compact cameras. I would suggest looking at something in $200-300 range unless your are looking for high quality macro shots. Gopros work great; but, I hate the fish-eye lens and I am about to order a flat one. The biggest issue with the compact cameras is the small lens. It does not allow as much light in and you need very clear days to shoot good footage.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Thanks Shawn, I have one of the Olympus WP units that I've carried in my fishing bag for several years but I need to purchase another battery for it. It's basically stopped holding a charge, but, it has never leaked and I've taken underwater release pics of Smallies here in VA.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.