Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cppperheads and Little River

Only 2 kinds of snakes, live ones, and dead ones Snakes really don't scare me much. But, I don't like monkeys or clowns
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Default snakes

On Copperheads
    Several years ago,while i was interning for Begley Drug Co, a senior customer,large land owner,farmer,came into the drugstore,said he was looking for an employee who was supposed to be stopping by the drug store for some salve.
    I said--what's the salve for
    he said-we's bailing hay this morning and he got bit by a copperhead....he's needing some salve to rub on it
    I said---well a salve may not do it---he may need to go to the hospital---wht's keeping him!
    he said....SAID HE'D BE HERE PRESENTLY,BUT HE HAD A THING OR TWO HE HAD TO PICK UP AT THE WESTERN AUTO AND THE A&P........!$#@(&^!!!.....
    the guy eventually showed up with a hand the size of a catchers mitt and swelling----would not go to the hospital
    bought the salve
    saw him again several months later---he said....i liked to have never got over coppy bite,thought i was a goner til my grandma had me soak my bit hand in crude oil snd kerosene,think it run the poisons out cause i got well in no time.....
    ---a true story-----

Snakes don't bother me. I'm not real interested in taking a long walk holding hands in the moonlight with a rattler, copperhead or moccasin but they don't scare me.

Now, if you want to hear me scream like a little girl that someone just threw an icky worm on, show me a spider.

Spiders, I have no use for at all.

Jeff

Default Thanks for the viper fang news update

Thanks for the viper fang news update. I am returning to Plan A, which is kill them all. The next time you read about a kid being bit by a copperhead or rattler, please be assured that it was one of those murderous critters that never crossed my path.

I also do not fleas, skunks, spiders, slugs, welks, wasps, bats, yellowjackets, ticks, rats, liberals, cats, hornets, and otters, but not necessarily in that order. I do like Makers Mark, dogs, mules, parrots, decent cigars, roosters, escargo and goldfish. I am not so sure about horses, kippers, frogs, mare's milk, hogs, and goats.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
    Thanks for the viper fang news update. I am returning to Plan A, which is kill them all. The next time you read about a kid being bit by a copperhead or rattler, please be assured that it was one of those murderous critters that never crossed my path.
    I never really hear reports of snake bites killing children let alone anyone.
    And in the small chance you got bit, you should have no problem getting to the hospital in 24 hours, and the most you will likely suffer is some tissue damage.

If your that scared of snakes you might want to watch out for bees since they kill like 20 times as many people, and you better never step into a car

Sometimes we get our good and bad fear mixed up. Good fear - stay back - give them their space
    Bad Fear - must kill them all.

caught part of a show on History called "United Stats of America" (not states but stats).... It had a segment on our fears. To sum it up; we're afraid of things that statistically we shouldn't be.

Flying in a plane is very very safe, but driving in a car isn't, comparatively.

And something like only 4 people die from snake bites in the entire U.S. in a year. Those that die are men, 18-30, who are playing with the snake. The "let's get a closer look, mate" type.

I don't like bees either!
    Salvador Dali

I'm never going outside again
    Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by jross View Post
    caught part of a show on History called "United Stats of America" (not states but stats).... It had a segment on our fears. To sum it up; we're afraid of things that statistically we shouldn't be.

Flying in a plane is very very safe, but driving in a car isn't, comparatively.

And something like only 4 people die from snake bites in the entire U.S. in a year. Those that die are men, 18-30, who are playing with the snake. The "let's get a closer look, mate" type.
    Did it say how many were killed by monkeys and clowns?
    Salvador Dali

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post

I also do not fleas, skunks, spiders, slugs, welks, wasps, bats, yellowjackets, ticks, rats, liberals, cats, hornets, and otters, but not necessarily in that order. I do like Makers Mark, dogs, mules, parrots, decent cigars, roosters, escargo and goldfish. I am not so sure about horses, kippers, frogs, mare's milk, hogs, and goats.
    Murderous?
    Salvador Dali