Thread: I do because of great places like Deep Creek

Post I do because of great places like Deep Creek

Matching the Hatch... This Deep Creek angler just might be thinking, “I’m going with a red popper.”
    (Sorry for pic being out of focus.)

More terrestrials.
    (This one is also out of focus, so I added some artsy blur.)

Indian Creek Falls – Everywhere the rhododendrons were the best I ever recall.

I got to spend four nights in Smokemont last week. Flows were decent in the area due to a pretty good rain a day or so before. Fished Bradley Fork one day, but only had a few slaps up past the Smokemont Loop Trail junction. Spent the rest of the time hiking, cataloging and relaxing. I managed to make it to Raven Fork at the Enloe Creek backcountry campsite. That is one awesome stream.
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    Southern Appalachian Stream Maps sasMaps.com
    Formerly SmokyStreams.com

JoFred,
    That is a good one...I doubt I have any patterns that large. It is nice to see others enjoy God's beauty; even though they might be spooking your fishing holes. I only hope most have respect to carry out any trash. Glad you got some time on the water my friend...
    Blessings...
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Good post. Terrestrials! Now that's funny.
    Lee

Perhaps this would be an excellent time to introduce my newest fly pattern.......the orange innertube donut wulff..............size double x 100 naught on a circle hook configuration........for an easier release......recipe to follow........
    Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

We tubed Deep Creek 2 weeks ago. Wife fell and we spent 4 1/2 hrs in the Bryson City emergency room. I never in my life knew that tattoos were that popular.

Everyone said dont go to BC emer. Next time Sylva Urgent Care.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    We tubed Deep Creek 2 weeks ago. Wife fell and we spent 4 1/2 hrs in the Bryson City emergency room. I never in my life knew that tattoos were that popular.

Everyone said dont go to BC emer. Next time Sylva Urgent Care.
    Check your insurance card.........urgent care may be alot cheaper also............
    Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Cape Look Out NC now, Soon to be in Beaufort SC

I was in Jackson County yesterday. Didn't go to Deep Creek. I went last year when I was there. It had been 45 years since the last time I was there, I was just 10 years old. My Dad used to pack us up and head out to the SMNP in the heat of summer and we camped at Deep Creek. Tubed and fished. I was pleased to return to it. Many fond memories. Was not near as many people in those days but the family had a great time while we were there.

We're planning on returning next year.

John

I would really enjoy some of the stories about the old days around deep creek and other waters. I hope you will share your experiences......