Thread: a big thank you

Default a big thank you

I want to thank the 2 young men in a white pickup who stopped to help us last night on Middle Fork. My husband's health has declined and he can't walk well. For someone who has hiked the trails for years this is hard to accept. Last night I was over a steep bank fishing and he was waiting in the truck. He got out, came to the edge of the bank and fell over. I flagged down the 2 guys and they cheerfully hauled him up the bank and were gone before I hardly had time to thank them.

So, whoever you are, thanks again. It was getting dark, not much traffic and I didn't want to leave him to get help. You 2 were great!

Smile Nice to hear someone helped you out

I was at a pull off on 441 at dusk on Wed when someone pulled off 441 and turned around to make sure I was OK and wasn't stuck. Nice to see that while our greater communication means (phones, internet, etc) give us the ability to hear about all sorts of horred stories, there is still plenty of "common decency" from our fellow man.

Life's alot easier when we all work together

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    I want to thank the 2 young men in a white pickup who stopped to help us last night on Middle Fork. My husband's health has declined and he can't walk well. For someone who has hiked the trails for years this is hard to accept. Last night I was over a steep bank fishing and he was waiting in the truck. He got out, came to the edge of the bank and fell over. I flagged down the 2 guys and they cheerfully hauled him up the bank and were gone before I hardly had time to thank them.

So, whoever you are, thanks again. It was getting dark, not much traffic and I didn't want to leave him to get help. You 2 were great!

Excellent Gesture of Kindness! They may never see this post; but, you are paying it forward by sharing the experience and your appreciation with the rest of us! Two-thumbs up to those kind gentleman!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Default Like!

Paying it forward means a lot. In life and on the creek. Help a brother out.
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Thats refreshing to hear and so glad they were able to help you. My wife and I had the good fortune to be able to help an elderly couple a week or so back on the local lake with their boat. It did us more good than it did them just to be useful to someone in need.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

That was me (and a buddy) who stopped to help you and you are very welcome. I'm glad we could help you out and you both looked very relieved!
    Again..You're welcome

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKRAWL View Post
    That was me (and a buddy) who stopped to help you and you are very welcome. I'm glad we could help you out and you both looked very relieved!
    Again..You're welcome
    Good Job Rockrawl!
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Smile

Rockrawl,

Just saw your post. Thanks again and tell your buddy thanks too.

I think Barbara knew it *had* to be someone on LRO Forum.

Great job Rockrawl!

-Matt-