Thread: Old meets new

Default Old meets new

and ready for Specs and Spot!

I had a few old salmon fly hooks laying around that a friend gave me when she cleaned out an old uncles home. The rods and reels were long gone BTW.

I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

wow.........let's talk about reds around the grass line..........I have yet to catch a puppy drum around high tide....please advise......
    Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

So far in the past 5-6 years of really getting after them it has been from boats and I like the falling tide with the reds and specs coming out of the grass headed back into deeper water. I like them off oyster bank cuts and look for clean water. Seems we don't have as much luck as ingoing cause it tends to stir the water up but some folks love it. I think it take a lifetime to learn how to fish lowcountry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALlw_g9h3YY
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.