Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Brown/Brook Trout: Spawning Notes

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Also- I miss The Creel. It was the best bar in Knoxville.

    4X

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

    To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks. ~Ben Jonson
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

    Dang, Shawn! Lighten up.

    4X

    Why aren't you posting on the Fishery Management sub-topic anyway?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    hey 4x please refrain from trying to make levity and light heartedness! After all I thought fishing was a pastime and hobby .

    Have a good time in Idaho.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

    Agreed, too many folks these days don't have the stones to stand up for what they believe in.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

    That's cool. As long as you and wolf aren't talking about me (with refrain in listing the reasons).
    Incidentally, a friend of mine of caught a bow bursting with eggs this weekend. So, the spawn is on, whatever the ramications. No, he wasn't near a redd.
    BTW- I'm not so sure the clinch bows/browns aren't creating baby trout.
    Also, don't forget, there is a sub-topic on this board aimed specifically at those wanting to learn/teach about fishery management and biology.
    Everybody that's going to fish during the spawn should spend the xtra $ on Seaguar tippet so they can get the trout in the rubber net as soon as possible (Seaguar doesn't break). Quicker the better!
    Let's hear more about eagles, newbies asking questions, and fun days fishing on this sub-topic.

    4X
    Now' I'm going to walk down and feed and hug my Canadian geese.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norris, TN
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fourx View Post
    That's cool.As long as you and wolf aren't talking about me (with refrain in listing the reasons).
    My last post was to reaffirm the topic and to try and elicit thoughtful contributions to this topic and other issues in regards to our sport. It was not directed towards any one person. My intent was to add perspective and promote stewardship toward a common interest.
    Incidentally, a friend of mine of caught a bow bursting with eggs this weekend. So, the spawn is on, whatever the ramications. No, he wasn't near a redd.
    I have found numerous egg sacks of gutted fish lately full of eggs-brown and rainbow trout!
    BTW- I'm not so sure the clinch bows/browns aren't creating baby trout.
    From my research and experience; the browns and rainbow spawn and reproduce on the Clinch. The percentage that acheive fry are relatively low and do not support the management of the river's mortality (depletion) rate. If you look closely to shallow pools around downed trees, etc; you will see small schools or rainbow. Also; you can view large schools of brown fry around clear creek after the turn of the year.
    Also, don't forget, there is a sub-topic on this board aimed specifically at those wanting to learn/teach about fishery management and biology.
    Everybody that's going to fish during the spawn should spend the xtra $ on Seaguar tippet so they can get the trout in the rubber net as soon as possible (Seaguar doesn't break). Quicker the better!
    Let's hear more about eagles, newbies asking questions, and fun days fishing on this sub-topic.

    4X

    Now' I'm going to walk down and feed and hug my Canadian geese.
    I have never fished Seaguar. Do you find that it is more stiff than other tippets? I will give it a try the next time I see a spool in the store.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Seaguar is my tippet of choice on 6 or 7X. It's very supple in that diameter.
    Yes, it's expensive, but 6X in Seaguar is way stronger then many other brands. I fish Rio leaders with Seaguar tippet as a rule. Rio IMO is second strongest tippet. Seaguar's worth it cause you can hustle the trout into the net and you don't lose the big one. I've caught several over 20" in 6X on the area rivers. Don't forget to spit on your knots and pull them down slowwly.

    4X

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fourx View Post
    Seaguar is my tippet of choice on 6 or 7X. It's very supple in that diameter.
    Yes, it's expensive, but 6X in Seaguar is way stronger then many other brands. I fish Rio leaders with Seaguar tippet as a rule. Rio IMO is second strongest tippet. Seaguar's worth it cause you can hustle the trout into the net and you don't lose the big one. I've caught several over 20" in 6X on the area rivers. Don't forget to spit on your knots and pull them down slowwly.

    4X
    I'll see your Seaguar and raise you Frog Hair Flouro, best stuff I have ever used.
    Don't get me wrong Seaguar is good stuff, I just think frog hair is better.

    Oh and the rainbows in the clinch successfully spawn far more than most realize. Madison spoke of it already, but the proof is all over the river right now. I am not sure about browns but it is very possible.

    IMO folks who deny this either have an agenda or just haven't taken the time to look around.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
    I'll see your Seaguar and raise you Frog Hair Flouro, best stuff I have ever used.
    Don't get me wrong Seaguar is good stuff, I just think frog hair is better.

    Oh and the rainbows in the clinch successfully spawn far more than most realize. Madison spoke of it already, but the proof is all over the river right now. I am not sure about browns but it is very possible.

    IMO folks who deny this either have an agenda or just haven't taken the time to look around.
    Is it all those cigarette butts floating down the river that gives indications that spawning is going on?
    I am a great admirer of spectator sports, especially on television; it keeps the riffraff off the trout streams.

Similar Threads

  1. brook trout
    By buzzmcmanus in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2015, 10:17 AM
  2. Big Brown, Rainbow, & Brook Trout!!!
    By Joe McGroom in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 08:17 PM
  3. Rainbow Trout-Spawning (Info.) 4/10/12
    By MadisonBoats in forum Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  4. brook trout
    By lauxier in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  5. Brook Trout
    By 944s in forum Smoky Mountain Fishing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •