Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Bow... at least for me

Default Monster Bow... at least for me

After a weekend in Western NC on a photo workshop with my wife, I took a slight detour into the park this afternoon to wet a fly. Couldn't believe I hooked and landed this monster! He took an orange stimulator but not on top. He grabbed after it was pulled under by the current.

Default An Alpha Bow

What a treat--nice fish. Hats off to you.
    dk

That is one heck of a rainbow. The orange stimulator seems to be The hot fly right now. Sat afternoon I only had a couple of hours to fish. The killed the stimulator but I caught none near as big as yours. Again beautiful fish.

Smile Great Bow! Thanks for posting

Did you get a chance to tape it, or use a reference point that you measured later?

It looks to be around 14" to me which is huge for the park, and definately bigger than any rainbow I've had a chance to land.

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Did you get a chance to tape it, or use a reference point that you measured later?

It looks to be around 14" to me which is huge for the park, and definately bigger than any rainbow I've had a chance to land.

Congrats
    Wish I had, but I estimate 14-16" (and getting bigger every day ) I need to look at a couple of pictures and compare it to my fly rod for reference.

That is one gorgeous rainbow. Not everyday you catch a fish like that. Good job and congrats!!!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Supper fish!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
    Wish I had, but I estimate 14-16" (and getting bigger every day ) I need to look at a couple of pictures and compare it to my fly rod for reference.
    So I took this picture and zoomed in on my screen until my fingers were life-size and came up with 14-3/4-15".

Beautiful fish. Looks every bit of 15", but I bet it pulled like it was 20". Well done!

I am starting to actually fish the stimulator and the trude by letting it swing down after the drift and then retreivig it. The last 4 nice fish (not as big as yours) all hit it this way when I was not looking.