Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/21 Roaring Fork

NDuncan,

Great report and pictures, thanks for taking the time to post.

Its been a really long time since i fished that area, Like some others have stated I always worked my way to the Gorge and spent most my time fishing in that area.

I was really happy to see how fat all the fish you were catching are.

Way back in the day, i am talking back when i fished that area somewhere around the late 80's all the fish i remember were much smaller and skinny, or maybe just the one's i was able to catch at that time were smaller and skinny.

Thanks again for the report.

If you roaring fork enthusiasts are ever interested, I own the oldest known cabin in the southern appalachians, and it's literally sitting on top of the roaring fork. We've caught plenty of meaty stockers right next to the cabin.

Check it out, and come stay sometime:

www.CabinOnRoaringFork.com.

Is your cabin down on the lower end near the Baptist church?
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Is your cabin down on the lower end near the Baptist church?
    To be honest I don't recall where the Baptist church is. I would guess our cabin to be about a half mile from highway 321 going through Gatlinburg.

HuskerFlyFisher,

Is it open for rental during November, December? Looks real inviting for a weekend getaway for me and the Mrs.
    Whitefeather

-don't tell me why we can't, tell me how we can.- whitefeather

I have always loved that creek. I absolutely can not drive around that town without spending sometime in that area. Great post and wonderful pics.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    HuskerFlyFisher,

Is it open for rental during November, December? Looks real inviting for a weekend getaway for me and the Mrs.
    White, there is a calendar on the "reserve now" page. Or you can call Deb at the toll free number and she can fix you up. I try to keep plenty of firewood around there this time of year!

I rode by and checked it out yesterday before we left town. I didn't stop as there were some folks packing the car in the driveway but it looked good. I was telling my wife about it and wanted her to see it, also find out exactly where it was. We have rented some other places above and below it.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    I rode by and checked it out yesterday before we left town. I didn't stop as there were some folks packing the car in the driveway but it looked good. I was telling my wife about it and wanted her to see it, also find out exactly where it was. We have rented some other places above and below it.
    Try it out some time. It was originally built as a one room cabin around 1800 up in the park. It was disassembled in the early 1930s, moved down the mountain by horse wagon, and all reassembled in but a few days. That's according to Herb Clabo, a guy who is over 100 years old there I'm Gburg who witnessed it all! Amazing !

It is constructed of chestnut, which went extinct about 100 years ago. One wall is splayed out at about a 10 percent angle.

You can hear the roaring fork throughout the cabin, and in the living room it is quite loud because you're basically right on top of it. Nothing quite like trading fish stories over a hot, cracking fire with snow blowing in and that water roaring down the mountain!