Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Xmas

Talking What did you get for Xmas

Ok,

I am sitting here all week with all this time off from work and dreaming of last years and next years fishing trips. Starving for a good fly fishing thread that i have not read 10 times so i thought i would try and start one.

So, What did you get for Xmas for next years hiking, camping and fly fishing trips.

I was extra extra good this year so Santa brought me a new 4 wt., 8.6 foot, 4 peace rod and real combo.

Thanks Santa

Got a new TFO 7wt. 9 ft.TiCrX rod.

Santa brought me 2 fly tying DVD's, which I will use today because of the Blizzard we are having.
    Tad

Got a 65 quart yeti cooler, new Simms waders and wading boots, and a new Patagonia mesh master vest. I'd say Santa did pretty good.

got a new simms guide vest, 9' 7wt tfo proffesional 2, fish pond tundra pack, new serta executive leather office chair for my fly tying desk, new orvis fly tying guide, new john geirach book and a kindle fire hd for my fy tying desk. Santa was very good to me this year. Of course mrs. santa got some nice gifts also.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

For me lump of coal,no toys, so I bought me a new 38 revolver.

Get to take a 2-3 night stay in a cabin on a stream very near the GSMNP next month and fish all I want.

A new Orvis wading staff to stop falling the **** river! I also got a new Patagonia Atom Sling pack. Love it!

I got a tfo pro 2 in an 8' 4wt and new line for 2 reels. I'm happy

was able to get out and cast my new tfo 7wt professional2 today 1st time since christmas. i was only lawn casting but I threw a 7wt bass taper line and shot it right at 85 feet. I then changed top a 250 intermediate sink tip line and shot about the same amount. so far so good. I tried to cast a deer hair frog size 1/0 and it would barely go 25 ft. so that won't work. but just lawn casting i liked it. maybe this weekend i can get to the lakes and try it on the water with a real fly tied on.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV