Thread: This Quote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This Quote

sums up my day:

He says you fish poorly. You understand their language? Paints-His-Shirt speaks English, he just does this to aggravate me

Four rises...one on...none to hand...fish were active...the water was warm...no excuses.

Glad I wasn't the only one who had a rough day. Awesome to be out in shirtsleeves in January though. I must admit, this weather makes me think we are in for a sucker punch from old man winter.

Sorry you guys had a rough day... I was up on Sams and had a pretty good day. I'll post a full report later when later when upload photos. I'll say this much now, I only had two dinks on the dry but the Brookies went nuts on the pink weenie. I had a big rainbow snap my tippet like it was a spider web on upper tremont just before dark on a caddis larvae dropper too. Tomorrow I'm not sure where I will head out to, but if you go out tomorrow, hopefully this info may help.

Quote Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
    Sorry you guys had a rough day... I was up on Sams and had a pretty good day. I'll post a full report later when later when upload photos. I'll say this much now, I only had two dinks on the dry but the Brookies went nuts on the pink weenie. I had a big rainbow snap my tippet like it was a spider web on upper tremont just before dark on a caddis larvae dropper too. Tomorrow I'm not sure where I will head out to, but if you go out tomorrow, hopefully this info may help.
    I came THIS close to going up to Sam's...Yep, I had a caddis on. The rises were from decent looking fish from what I could tell...just couldn't get 'em to take, except for that one. No tippet breakers though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
    I came THIS close to going up to Sam's...Yep, I had a caddis on. The rises were from decent looking fish from what I could tell...just couldn't get 'em to take, except for that one. No tippet breakers though.
    Go back out tomorrow! Get back on that horse!

I had a good number of black stoneflies land/crawl all over me late afternoon. About 1/2 were around size 16-18 and the other were around 16-14.

Back is a little sore from yesterday...gonna stay home and practice my banjo. Hope you guys catch a bunch.

I do like the quote from Jeremiah Johnson!! I like the pics as well!!

Mike

Other anglers I ran into that had fished down low on tremont said they had a skunk of a day too. I don't know what they were fishing with

Quote Originally Posted by g022271 View Post
    I do like the quote from Jeremiah Johnson!! I like the pics as well!!

Mike
    Thanks, Mike...it sure summed up my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmitcounty View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one who had a rough day. Awesome to be out in shirtsleeves in January though. I must admit, this weather makes me think we are in for a sucker punch from old man winter.
    I bet we get frost in April