Thread: Adam's Variant

Default Adam's Variant

I never have the materials I need nor the money to buy them...this thing is ugly but it'll fish:

I've grown to love ugly flies. If I hadn't I probably would have given up tying a long time ago!

That fly looks good to me. I'd fish it. What is your body material?

I would fish it. As far as using different materials, show me a fish that takes time to inspect a fly and say nope that's cat muskrat. Necessity is the mother of invention. The true old timers used any material available. Everything wasn't grade 1 tying material from an obscure place. Fly looks fine
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Thanks guys...sure wish I had the right color thread. The body is just gray dubbing. I have brown hackle but the wrong size so I had to use a really dark gray, almost black hackle too.

Speaking as someone that has well over 100 para adams tied using hair from my white German shepherd for the post I can attest to the fact these can be tied and be extremely effective using cheap materials

Quote Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
    Speaking as someone that has well over 100 para adams tied using hair from my white German shepherd for the post I can attest to the fact these can be tied and be extremely effective using cheap materials
    Ha! I do have a little white calf hair My dog is brindle...not certain what I could use it for...tail?...hairs ear?